Sunday, March 22, 2015

Progress! On Writing the Macabre

One of my newer short stories, "The Interview," has just been accepted by OMDB (Over My Dead Body), a quality online mystery/crime e-zine. OMDB reviewed my DYE, DYEING, DEAD novella last year and I'm excited to see some of my fiction in it. Tentative publication date is April.

I sent out two more stories tonight, one to a UK publisher. This makes seven stories that are still out, making the rounds.  I'm learning patience.

My newer stories are morphing more into the gothic, horror or "strange/macabre" story realm, which is fine with me. Actually, I've been writing them, but didn't really realize it until recently when I put my HALLOWEEN THIRTEEN macabre short story collection together. I've been a fan of Poe, classic ghost stories, Alfred Hitchcock, Night Gallery, Twilight Zone, etc. since I was a wee tot. Nothing much has changed in that area.

A recent trip to a local abandoned family cemetery has me thinking about more ghost stories. Stay tuned!

Photo courtesy of the Williamson County Historical Museum

Happy reading!

bobbi c.
http://bobbichukran.com






No comments: